MR Q Science is not a board game, but it’s loads of informative value for kids. It doesn’t need such a thing like the components offering students with rewards or goals, however, it does offer. adults, the further they learn,...
Before you buy term papers, there are a couple things affordable-papers.net that you need to understand. There are a whole lot of reasons to get these kinds of papers, and many unique kinds available, but they all fall into one...
Since essay writing services are commonly available and considerably less expensive than the personal tutor, more students are turning to this alternative. For this reason, knowing more about what makes a fantastic essay writing services is important. To start with,...
- Jesus Was Perfect. That’s Why I’m Glad We Don’t Have the Record of His First Thirty Years. July 11, 2020This blog post ended very differently than I thought it would when I started writing it: It’s much more of a discovery than I expected. My original title for it was, “If Jesus Was Perfect, Does That Mean He Never Had a Bad Hair Day?” It’s a serious question, as you’ll see very soon, even […]Tom Gilson
- Jesus Won’t Let Us Use Him for Our Politics June 28, 2020A progressive church's sign reminds us Jesus Christ will not support dishonesty, and he won't let us use him for our politics. The post Jesus Won’t Let Us Use Him for Our Politics appeared first on Tom Gilson.Tom Gilson
- Today’s Spiritual Battle: Accept the Challenge, Start Your Training June 19, 2020I’ve started a series at The Stream on strategy against our culture’s current lies, distortions, and disconnection from reality. It’s only a start. My most recent article urges readers to train up to protect their loved ones from the looming threat of confusion, error, and potentially even spiritual death. It’s serious. A commenter there chided […]Tom Gilson
- Podcast Episode 1: “Too Used To Jesus” June 13, 2020On this inaugural episode of a revamped Thinking Christian podcast, Tom Gilson describes a problem undermining American Christianity, subtly yet definitely: We’ve grown to used to Jesus. Drawing from images of biblical persons who knew Jesus, and contemporary non-Christians who may never even have heard of him, he leads us toward a new appreciation of […]Tom Gilson
- We’re Too Used to Jesus June 12, 2020We’re too used to Jesus. I’m convinced that explains a lot of contemporary Christianity’s weakness. Jesus doesn’t astonish us, and it weakens both our worship and our obedience. We sing our worship songs as if we really, really appreciate him, and we know the doctrine of his deity justifies worshiping him. Seldom, though, do we […]Tom Gilson
- Too Good To Be False: How Jesus’ Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality May 24, 2020Officially announcing the publication this summer of Too Good To Be False: How Jesus' Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality, from DeWard Publications! The post Too Good To Be False: How Jesus’ Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality appeared first on Tom Gilson.Tom Gilson
- Jesus Is Way More Unique Than You Realized May 11, 2020My coming book Too Good To be False tells why Jesus is the most unique person in history and literature. And yes, it's okay to say so: the OED now approves of "most unique"! The post Jesus Is Way More Unique Than You Realized appeared first on Tom Gilson.Tom Gilson
- Locked Down? ‘They Also Serve Who Only Stand and Wait’ May 1, 2020Image: Bust of John Milton (1608-1674) — The Long Room Trinity College Dublin Ireland April 2018. Ron Cogswell photo. Quarantined. Locked down. We’re in a season of waiting, waiting, waiting. Maybe it’s nearing its end, but we’ve got a long way to go before things open up fully for all. Many of us remain stuck […]Tom Gilson
- My Prayer for My Coming Book April 26, 2020My prayer, freely borrowed from Philip Doddridge, for my coming book "Too Good To Be False: How Jesus' Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality." The post My Prayer for My Coming Book appeared first on Tom Gilson.Tom Gilson
- Two Definitions of ‘Good,’ Atheist and Christian — And How That Explains the Trouble We’re In April 25, 2020John Loftus gave me a personal challenge to read his edited book The Case Against Miracles. He considers more or less the definitive proof that miracles either can’t happen or can’t be known to have happened. I’m enjoying the read — it’s strengthening my faith in Christ and the Scriptures. (That happens with a lot […]Tom Gilson